||®||Free Listings of Goods and Services
How to buy a thing-a-ma-jig on AllSorta...
...even if it isn't there!
One of our goals is to help you buy items intelligently. Often, this process is complicated by possible choices being on many different sites,
making it hard to compare them. We think we have at least a partial solution.|
Let me illustrate with the dining room table that our family needed. Our old table was unstable, and even with extra leaves added,
was too small for hosting guests.
First, I looked on AllSorta, but didn't find a great selection of tables (it is, after all, a brand new site). So, I opened a new browser window
and found additional tables
that met my criteria from various sources like eBay, Craigslist, my local paper's website, and an online furniture store.
As I found each possibility, I added it to AllSorta as a hidden listing. To do this, I...
Finally, I compared all the listings using AllSorta's "Compare" feature. To do this, I...
- Right-clicked on the image, then saved it to my computer.
- In AllSorta, I added a "Table" item to my list, and cut-and-pasted information from the other site.
- Put the original web page URL or contact information in the "Other details" field (so I wouldn't have to find the listing again).
- Clicked the "Hide this?" flag to make it a hidden listing (IMPORTANT).
- Clicked "Continue" then uploaded the image.
You can do this with any listed item. It takes a bit of time, but really helps with big-ticket items, or complex items where AllSorta has
already listed important parameters.
- Clicked "Compare" in one of my table listings.
- Sorted by the characteristics I was most interested in (length, width, color, price) until I could make a decision.
Thanks for visiting! Why not take a moment and tell us what you think?